When there is power in your home or business it allows you to run things. Electricity makes your computer run. It allows you to connect to the world. It’s also very expensive. Can you get by without it? Most likely you can, but it’s a hard thing to do. It would require you to become a prepper. A prepper is someone who is ready for disaster, and able to live off the land and survive. If you are interested in this, then one of the very first things you have to do is learn how to survive with a new alternative power source.
What does solar power do?
It’s simple, it harnesses the natural heat and power of the sun by using solar panels. The sun is the world’s most powerful source of electricity. Solar power as defined by Wikipedia uses something called photovoltaics or a concentrated solar power to gain strength. It’s then harnessed with mirrors and converted to energy. It’s only a small amount of sun’s light. It is energy again, that is coming from the sun, we said that already didn’t we? Anyhow, this power can serve the entire population of the planet. So why don’t we use it. Some say it’s too expensive, others say it’s not worth and still others just want the easy way. Okay, so it is more than common sense to want to harness this natural source of power. Especially when we begin to consider the amount of money that we pay out to power companies. Australia is leading the way in solar power delivery to homes and businesses. Alternatively, if you are a commercial business or industrial plant, you can also reap massive savings from switching to industrial solar power systems in Australia all you need to do is speak to a professional commercial solar representative who will be able to advise you of more.
Top reasons to go solar:
- It’s free and there is plenty of it! Solar power itself, the sun, is a free source of energy. The only thing you have to actually purchase are the panels for the power, and the system to put it into your home. There is literally a million ways to do this, and there are companies all over the Internet ready to help you.
- There is no waste and no detrimental environmental hazard with solar power. You won’t be contributing to the death of a million porpoises in the ocean. You will be instead making this planet a greener place to live.
- The cost of having electricity in small remote areas can be hefty. Instead consider using the sun, because everyone has access to it.
- The purpose of the sun’s rays can be fully realised when you harness them for your home.
- The sun is there always. There will always then be an opportunity to store and get the sun’s rays for your home.
The sun itself is a huge repository of energy. It creates a natural source. It’s cheaper in the long run, minus the cost of installation of new equipment. The photoelectric cells are the main sources that turn the rays into energy. The rays are used and harnessed with solar panels. Solar panels are like large windows that reflect and absorb the sun’s power. Then the power, is used to heat homes, run electric stoves and more. The sun can be used for millions of things, form tanning, to cooking. It’s easy to harness this power and wit the continually improving science of harnessing the sun’s rays, it will get cheaper. The only thing you have to pay for is the panel. If you want to take your energy savings to another level, installing LED down-lights like these will cut your lighting energy bills by 30%, which is quite considerable when you think about it.